The Kiel headstone is inspired by the elements water and earth, a combination of dynamic movement and balance. The geometric design represents a safe harbor, protection, and comfort. You can add additional character to this headstone, ensuring it reflects the personality of the dearly departed. There are a variety of options available. You might choose an appropriate saying, or add a relevant symbol or photo to create a respectful memorial that will help you remember your loved one.
Elegant headstone made of larch wood, varnished
- Additional information
- NUMBERS & HARD DATA
- ENVIRONMENT & QUALITY
- MANUFACTURE & DELIVERY
- FEATURES & NOTES
|Dimensions||120 × 60 × 30 cm|
Standard, Premium, Express
NUMBERS & HARD DATA
ENVIRONMENT & QUALITY
Sustainability is one of our core values, and we take it into account during all developmental and optimization processes. We select materials that are as environmentally and ecologically friendly as possible. We also work with local partners whenever we can; keeping things local means deliveries are shorter and more resource efficient, and facilitates communication. The headstones are handmade using the following materials:
- Features: good quality hard wood, very stable, very dense, elastic and firm, durable, easy to dry, easy to work with
- Use: indoor and outdoor construction, often used for gardens and to build boat decks and docks
- Durability: Durability Class 4, very durable under water, low susceptibility to fungus and insect infestations, low shrinkage, very water resistant
- Special features: sometimes matte, sometimes glossy, not much resin, aromatic, pleasant smell
- Features: colorless, glossy special varnish
- Use: for wood in the outdoors, such as frequently used garden furniture or for sealing end grains
- Durability: treated surfaces are resistant to salt water, weather resistant, abrasion resistant, have a stable gloss, and are resistant to alcohol and household cleaning products
- Special features: free of lead and chromate, boat and yacht varnish is not subject to the VOC-EU Directive (2004/42/EG)
- Print features: water-based latex ink, odor neutral printing, no safety labeling required, no air pollutants (in accordance with EPA method 311)
- Foil features: self-adhesive, polymer foil, matte surface, permanent solvent-based adhesive
- Use: indoor and outdoor advertising technology
- Durability: weather resistant
- Special features: brilliant colors, ENERGY STAR® certified, GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certified®, fulfills AgBB criteria
MANUFACTURE & DELIVERY
We offer three different manufacturing and shipping options.
If you select express manufacture and delivery you will generally receive the personalized headstone you have ordered within 72 hours (3 days) of making the purchase. Our express fee covers immediate manufacture of your item and express shipping with DHL. Please note that you must have made your express purchase by 9 a.m. on a business day in order for us to begin manufacture on the same day as your purchase. Orders made after 9 a.m. will most likely be processed and sent the following business day.
If you select premium manufacture and delivery you will generally receive the personalized headstone you have ordered within 3 to 7 business days.
If you select standard manufacture and delivery you will generally receive the personalized headstone you have ordered within 7 to 14 business days.
The delivery time periods listed apply to orders within Germany only. Although we do our best to maintain the standards listed above, there may be some exceptions.
FEATURES & NOTES
The headstones are made of wood which is a living material. Changing weather conditions may cause changes to the product that are typical for wood left outside. Siberian larch timber has, at the time of manufacture, a residual moisture content of around 13 and 15 percent. Longer dry phases may cause small tears to appear in the wood, which, however, may close again once the weather changes. In addition, wood reacts to sunshine and may get darker or turn gray. Regular oiling can help to maintain the headstone. In addition, as the headstones are made of wood, there may be some visible natural imperfections. They provide each headstone with its own unique appearance.
To ensure that the temporary headstone stays upright and in place, we recommend installing it at a depth of at least 40cm. However, this is only a recommendation and you may decide to make a different choice depending on the soil quality at the grave site. Following the recommendation should ensure that the headstone stays in place regardless of any external natural phenomena. Please take a look at the cemetery regulations regarding headstone design and correct installation for more information.